Magellan GPS update helps to refresh your GPS gadgets in order to work speedier and uninterrupted. Follow the below-given procedure For Magellan update.
Procedure To Keep Magellan GPS Update
- A strong, uninterrupted and high-speed internet connection is required for preparing your device. Therefore, users must procure a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN Cable.
- Apart from this, users will need a dedicated software called Magellan Content Manager. It is a free to download, user-friendly application that is available for both Windows and Mac systems.
- Other than that, a device must be registered at the application or website if you are a first time user. It is a simple process that facilitates the connection between your device and Magellan servers.
- Above all, connect your device to a charger to avoid any interruptions during the process.
How to Create Your Magellan Account?
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Go to the official website of the Magellan.
- Click on “Login / Register” to open the Account login page.
- The following window gives you the option either to log in to your account or creates a new one. Here, you have to look at the right-hand section for the “Create An Account” tab. Then, click on it to open the “Account Creation” window.
- Enter all the details in the respected fields. For that, you have to provide your complete name along with the email address and password that you want to set for this account.
- In addition to that, select the box next to “Sign Up for Magellan Newsletter” if you want to receive them.
- Click on “Register” to create your account.
Get Magellan Content Manager
Magellan Content Manager allows you to access stored locations, register your device and a lot more with simple clicks of a mouse.
Moreover, you can easily install it to your computer directly from your website.
- Open an internet browser on your computer.
- Go to the support page of the official Magellan website.
- Now, locate “Content Manager” under the downloads section. You will find the downloads tab for both Windows and Mac Operating System.
- Click on the “Download” button specified for your operating system.
- Open the downloaded setup file.
- Click on “Run” to validate your system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, install the application.
- At last, close the installer.
- Restart your computer.
Register Your Device
- Turn on your GPS device and computer.
- Connect the device with your computer via the USB cable provided with the device.
- Connect the computer with the internet.
- Now, launch Content Manager on your system.
- This will open the Main window of its user-interface on your screen.
- Here, it will prompt you to log in to your account. Hence, enter your email address and password. Then, click on “Sign In”. However, in case if you don’t have an account. Then, you should create an account first and then login.
- The Content Manager will automatically recognize and register the device.
- You will get a confirmation message for the same. Besides, it will also display the details of your device on your account.
- Click on OK to return back to the Main window.
Magellan GPS Update
Magellan GPS Update is a convenient process wherein updates are downloaded on a free of cost software application. For paid updates, you first need to purchase the application and then follow the on-screen instructions to update your GPS device.
- Connect your GPS device to a charger.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the internet.
- Now, launch Content Manager application software from your system tray or desktop.
- Then, it will ask you to log in to your Magellan account. On the other hand, in case, if you don’t have a Magellan account. Now, do the same using your registered email address and password. However, in case if you don’t have an account. Then, first, create one from its official website. Then, log in to the account.
- Thereafter, connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- This will automatically turn on the device. However, if it doesn’t turn on. Then, you should turn it on manually.
- It will detect your device and display it on the interface.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” button.
- Consequently, a pop-up box will open on the screen if any updates are available.
- Finally, click on “Get Now”.
- The following window will notify the completion of the installation process. Hence, click “Ok”.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to disconnect the device. Hence, disconnect the device.
- This will automatically restart your device.
Hence, this completes the Magellan Update procedure.