Magellan Roadmate Update is an extremely convenient and flexible process. It is available through different methods so that you can keep your device up-to-date in every situation. You can automatically update certain models of this series by simply connecting to a WiFi Network. Along with that, you have a dedicated desktop application and an online web portal for this purpose.
Given-below is the most commonly used method for Magellan Roadmate Update i.e. through the online web portal. “SmartGPS Eco” is a dedicated online platform for managing the health and performance of your Magellan GPS gadgets. Although, it is a simple procedure. However, first-time users are required to first create a Magellan Account and Register their device. After performing these one-time procedures, you can easily get Magellan Roadmate Update by simply hooking it up to any computer with an internet connection. Therefore, consider the following pre-requisites before performing the updates.
- Your computer must have a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN cable. Additionally, ensure you have a strong, reliable and uninterrupted connection.
- Besides that, your device must be registered on “SmartGPS Eco”.
- In addition to that, you must have a Magellan Account for registering your device and receiving updates.
- Above all, make sure that your GPS device is completely charged. You can even connect it to a charger to avoid any chance of interruptions during the process.
How to Create Your Magellan Account?
- First of all, open an Internet Browser on your computer. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari etc.
- Once it loads completely, type in “SmartGPSEco.com” in the browser’s “Address Bar”. Then, press the “Enter” key.
- As a result, it will take you to the Smart GPS Eco web portal.
- Now, look at the bottom right-hand section of this window for the “Sign Up” tab. You will find it right next to the “Sign In” button. Hence, click on it to access the “Magellan Account Creation” window.
- The following window requires you to provide certain basic details. Hence, accurately fill in the empty fields with relevant details as mentioned below.
- First Name: Enter your First Name.
- Last Name: Provide your Last Name.
- Email Address: Provide an active Email Address that you want to associate with this account.
- Password: Type in a strong and unique password that you want to set for this account. Make sure it conforms to the specified criteria.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the password provided above in order to confirm it.
- Country: Select the country of your residence from the drop-down box.
- Finally, click on “Sign Up” to complete the account creation process.
How To Perform Magellan Roadmate Update Through “SmartGPS Eco”?
- First and foremost, open your preferred Web Browser on your computer.
- Now, enter “SmartGPSEco.com” in the browser’s address bar. Then, press the “Enter” key.
- Next, you should log in to your Magellan Account. For this, you must have an account. Hence, create one if you don’t have it. In order to log in to your account, simply provide the Email Address with which your account was created. Thereafter, type in the corresponding password. Finally, click on the “Sign In” button.
- Then, dismantle your Roadmate GPS unit from your vehicle.
- Thereafter, you should turn it on by pressing the “Power” button. Along with that, connect it to a charger/ power source.
- After that, you should connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable provided along with the device.
- As a result, “SmartGPS Eco” will automatically recognize your device if it is registered. However, in case if it is not registered. Then, it will prompt you to “Register Your Device”. Hence, follow the on-screen prompts for a simple “Registration Process”. It will prompt you to provide certain basic details.
- Once, it registers and recognizes your device, then, proceed for Magellan Roadmate Update. For this, click on the “Update” tab in your Account Portal.
- Consequently, it will display a list of all the devices linked with this account. Hence, select the device that you wish to update. In other words, you should select the device connected to your computer.
- Now, you will get a list of all the available updates including both the software and map updates. Hence, click on the “Update” tab for initiating the Magellan Update process.
- As a result, it will automatically download and install the available updates on your gadget.
- Once it completes installing the Magellan Roadmate Update, click on “OK”.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to disconnect your device. Hence, disconnect the same.
- At last, your device will automatically restart.