Magellan GPS Update
Magellan has been a leading champion in the domain of GPS enabled Navigation devices. Magellan GPS update helps to refresh your GPS gadgets in order to work speedier and uninterrupted. It provides updates for their firmware, maps and navigational guide. Updating your Magellan GPS device is more useful because it is upgraded with new technology. Hence, by updating Magellan GPS devices, one can utilize the benefits of real time mapping and navigation. Follow the below given instructions for the Magellan GPS update.
How To Keep Magellan GPS Up-to-Date?
It is important to update Magellan GPS because updating it will work more efficiently. Magellan GPS update enables the users to reach their destination in no time. It is essential to optimize the full potential of their sophisticated units. As such, they must equip themselves with detailed step by step procedures for the same.
However, before moving on to the actual process, users must keep the following precautions in mind.
- A strong, uninterrupted and high-speed internet connection is required for preparing your device.Therefore, users must procure a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN cable.
- Other than that, users must have a Magellan Content Manager to receive a Magellan GPS update. Content Manager is a complementary support application for the maintenance of GPS.
- Apart from that, the device must be registered at the application or website if you are a first time user. It is a simple process that facilitates the connection between your device and Magellan servers.
- Above all, you must connect your device to a charger to avoid any interruptions during the process.
Procedure For Magellan Content Manager Setup
Magellan Support understands that even the easiest update procedures can become a headache when needed on a regular basis. So, it comes up with a user-friendly desktop called Content Manager. It allows you to access stored locations, register your devices, etc. Also, it offers complete control and flexibility over your Magellan GPS devices. This software application is available for both Windows and Mac users.
Magellan Support further ensures that the Content Manager is available in the smallest possible package. It can easily be set up within a few minutes. As such, you can set it up by following each and every step without skipping:
- Firstly, you need to open your preferred web browser.
- After that, type the URL “magellan.gps.com” in your browser’s address bar. You will get the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Then, after typing the URL, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- Subsequently, look at the very top for the “Support” section. Then, click on the “Support” tab.
- Here you will find dedicated links for downloading it on both Windows and Mac. Hence, click on the download button as per your operating system.
- You have to wait patiently, till the downloading process gets completed.
- Thereafter, locate the downloaded file on your computer.
- Afterward, double-click on the downloaded file to open it.
- Next, you should click on “Run” on the following pop-up box.
- Next, proceed with the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Then, click on “Install” and wait for the process to complete.
- At last, click on the “Close” tab.
Register Your Magellan GPS Device
In order to receive a Magellan GPS update on your device, it is important to register it. This is an essential process that allows the software to establish a link between the device and the Magellan servers. Hence, it is important to understand that the Content Manager will recognize your GPS device only after registration.
- To begin with, switch on your GPS device and computer.
- Thereafter, you should connect the device with your computer via the USB cable provided with the device. Plugin one end of the cable to the device and the other to the computer.
- Along with that, connect your computer with a stable and high-speed internet connection.
- Next, you should launch the Content Manager application on your system.
- As a result, it will take you to welcome screen of its user interface.
- Here, it will prompt you to log in to your Magellan account. Hence, login to the same. Else create a new account if you don’t have an account. Thereafter login to it.
- For this, you should go to the official website of Magellan.
- Here look at the top right-hand side for “Login/ Register”. Click on it to open the account login page.
- Here you will get two options. Either you can log in to your account or create a new one. The right section of the window shows the tab “Create an Account”. Click on it to open the account creation page.
- The next window will prompt you to provide certain basic details For instance, your complete name, email address and password for this account.
- At last, click on the “Register” to create the account.
- As you login to your account, the software will automatically recognize and register your device.
- As a result, it will immediately notify the same. Apart from that, your account will display the details of your product.
- At last, click on “Ok” to return back to the Main window.
Procedure To Perform Magellan GPS Update
Magellan GPS update is important to guarantee the optimum health and flawless performance of GPS devices. These ultra-smart and avant-garde gadgets must be kept up to date with the latest software and maps. These devices are extensively dependent upon regular updates accuracy and efficiency. Here, users must remember that some of these updates are free of cost while others may require purchases.
- First and foremost, connect your GPS device to a charger for an uninterrupted power supply.
- Then, turn on your computer and connect it to an internet network.
- Thereafter, launch Content Manager application software from your system tray or desktop.
- As a result, it will take you to the “Main” window of the application. Here, you need to login to your Magellan account when prompted. On the other hand, in case, if you don’t have a Magellan account. Then, go to the official website of Magellan and create a new account. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to create your account. After that, log in to your account on this application.
- Subsequently, you need to connect the gadget to your computer using a USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable with your device and the other end with the computer.
- By doing so, this will automatically turn on the device. Alternatively, you should turn it on manually.
- Now, right-click on the application icon from the system tray. You will get the system tray in the Windows taskbar. However, in the case of the Mac operating system, you will find this application in the “Dock”.
- Thereafter, select “Check for Updates” option.
- As such, you will get a pop-up box in case if any updates of your device are available.
- Finally, click on “Download now” button in order to download and install the latest updates.
- After the completion of the installation process, it will notify the same and permits you to disconnect the device.
- Consequently, disconnect your device.
- Thereafter, it will automatically restart the device.
- To begin with, you need to open your preferred web browser on your device.
- After that, type the URL “magellan.gps.com” in your browser’s address bar. You will get the address bar at the top of the page.
- Then, after typing the URL, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- On the homepage of Magellan, look for the “Maps” tab. Click on the “Maps” tab to open the next window.
- Subsequently, click on the drop-down menu box in order to select the GPS model from the available list.
- Thereafter, select the software updates that are available for your device.
- Then you need to provide your payment details when prompted for the same.
- Next, you should follow the on-screen instructions carefully in order to complete the purchase procedure.
- After that, close down the browser and launch the Content Manager on your device.
- Subsequently, login to your Magellan account using your registered email address and password.
- Then, connect your GPS device with a power source/ charger.
- Thereafter, connect your device using a USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable with your device and other end with your computer.
- As a result, it will automatically turn on your device. However, if it fails to do so. Then you need to turn it manually.
- After that, right-click on the Content Manager application from the system tray or dock.
- Afterward, select “Sync Purchase Features / Content”.
- Consequently, it will start downloading and installing the updates on your device.
- Once the process finishes, you will get a notification.
- Along with that, it will prompt you to disconnect the device. Hence, you need to unplug the USB cable. You have to wait while it restarts automatically.
- This concludes the update procedure for your GPS device successfully.
Hence, the above-given information will help you in updating Magellan GPS devices. Therefore, Magellan GPS updates ensure you to make your device up-to-date.